Sunday, 4 August 2013
No fry, easy, crispy chicken recipe
We have been cooking a lot more chicken in our house lately and although BBQ chicken is delicious, it is nice to expand our horizons once in awhile. We were in the mood for a baked version of fried chicken. Here is a quick recipe (it took a total of 35 minutes to make but only 10 minutes of prep with 25min of cooking) that contains ingredients we already had in our pantry!
1 tbsp grainy mustard
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups panko
1/2 tsp curry powder
10 small chicken thighs, boneless
1. Preheat the oven to 400oF.
2. Put a rack on a baking sheet and spray with cooking oil spray.
3. Mix together the first 5 ingredients in a shallow bowl.
4. In another shallow bowl, mix the panko and 1/2 tsp curry powder.
5. Dredge the chicken through the wet mix then coat in panko mixture.
6. Place the coated chicken onto the sprayed rack. Spray with cooking spray.
7. Place in oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the chicken reaches 77oC or 170oF.
8. Serve with a ketchup curry dip: mix 3/4 cup ketchup with the juice of 1 lime and 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
The curry flavor was not overwhelming and the chicken thighs were juicy and tender. The panko stuck well to the chicken and the poultry did not even need to be cut since the thighs were already in small pieces.
Are you always on the hunt for a weight loss program that will help you control your eating once and for all? Have you joined and quit man...
Grammy's Seafood Chowder If you love seafood, you will love this recipe. My Grandmother makes it at Christmas and the whole family ca...
Spring has sprung both in our city as well as on my site! After a long and humbling learning curve, I have put together a site that (hopef...
Easy Pot au Feu The traditional recipe of Pot au Feu (translation: pot on the fire) involves making your own broth using ox tail, veal ...