Monday 31 August 2015

[Wholesale Wholesome] Coconut Strawberry Chia Pudding

Yum



I wanted to share a recipe that was a big hit in my house recently: Chia pudding.
It was cheap, quick and easy to throw together & everyone (from 1 years old to 72 years old) loved it.

I am quite late in jumping on the chia pudding bandwagon since I am hesitant to jump on any food bandwagon. They usually over promise and under deliver. But boy am I glad I gave this recipe a try!

This recipe is part of my Wholesale Wholesome recipes. Although I love shopping at the local food market (lucky for me this is The Atwater Market), I don't always have time. A large wholesale store is literally minutes down the street and that is where we tend to stock up on the basics. It can be hard to know what to do with food in bulk, so Wholesale Wholesome was designed to help you out!


Coconut Strawberry Chia Pudding
Makes 6 servings
Ingredients
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1/4 cup chia seeds
12 strawberries, cleaned and sliced (or any sliced fruit)
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/4 cup coconut, toasted

1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients.
2. Let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to one day.
3. Before serving, stir up to evenly distribute the chia seeds.
4. Divide into bowls and top with the berries, nuts and coconut.

No comments:

Popular Posts