Monday 28 September 2015

[Recipe] Strawberry Hempseed Smoothie

Yum


Although I love shopping at our local market, I don't always have the time. Stocking up on the basics at my local wholesale store can make home cooking a reality more often at my house. However, it is not always obvious about what to do with large quantities of pantry essentials- that is where Wholesale Wholesome comes in. The recipes developed under this title use easy to find foods at your local wholesale store that can be whipped up quickly and provide a nutritious meal for the whole family.


Strawberry Hempseed Smoothie 

I'm probably the only person on the planet who doesn't like bananas in their smoothies! This explains why there are none in this recipe however a banana could be easily added.
Any combination of fruit and yogurt could be used- I just happened to pair strawberries with strawberries.


Also, I used hemp hearts to boost the protein and omega 3 content. I used to use chia seeds but I recently ran out and got into the habit of using hemp hearts. They have a nuttier taste and blend up well. if you are considering using this as a meal replacement, 

I suggest either adding a serving of grain products on the side or throwing 1/4 cup of dry oats into the blender.

Serves 1-2 

Ingredients: 
1/2 cup sliced strawberries, frozen or fresh
1/2 cup milk (add more if you prefer a less thick smoothie)
1 1/2 tbsp hemp seeds
3/4 cup strawberry yogurt (or any flavor/type you prefer)

Instructions: 
Throw all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.

No comments:

Popular Posts